UPDATE: I am super excited and proud to announce that I love AccessAlly so much I decided to become certified as an AccessAlly Advocate! This means I am now able to confidently build your membership because I have learned AccessAlly inside out directly from the creators. You’re welcome to learn more and/or set up a free consult here.
Online courses are one of the most effective forms of scalable income you can create, and one of the easiest ways for your audience to learn from you. (Learn more about creating a course here!)
The trouble is, formatting and delivering those courses to your audience can cause a lot of headaches, especially if you aren’t super techy.
Luckily, we have programs like Teachable and Thinkific that make this process a lot easier, but not all of these programs are created equal.
I’ve played with a bunch of programs, plugins, and platforms to figure out what works the best for my own clients, and I’ve got to say, AccessAlly impressed me the most!
What is AccessAlly?
AccessAlly is a plugin for WordPress that allows you to host your course on your own site and still have powerful and flexible functionality. It handles the entire sales and purchase process as well as delivering an interactive course that’s easy for your students to navigate.
It also integrates with major email marketing systems like Ontraport, Infusionsoft/Keap, Drip, and ConvertKit.
How are businesses using AccessAlly?
This plugin was created by Natalie Lussier, creator of the wildly popular 30 Day List Building Challenge. Did that get your attention?
This is the platform Marie Forleo uses to host B-School, so it’s a pretty big deal! It’s quick and easy to create stunning courses, and it’s super powerful.
AccessAlly is easy for you to use as an instructor and even easier for students to use and learn.
What else does AccessAlly do?
So, so much! Here are just some of the cool little bells and whistles.
- It includes built-in order forms that are easy to set up
- Affiliate tracking
- Upselling functionality so your buyers can easily add extras to their purchase
- Accepts payments
- Email capture so you can reconnect potential customers who didn’t make it through the checkout process
- Completely mobile friendly
- You can offer free or paid trials of your product, and even subscriptions!
- Easy cross-selling functions
- Include time-sensitive coupons and discounts for your products
- Applies taxes and shipping fees automatically
- You can drip your course content or deliver it all at once
- Accept homework from your students so you can actually see what they’re learning and what they’re struggling with.
- Students can view their progress and bookmark their spot, even in the middle of a video
- Include videos, worksheets, audios, even quizzes!
- Searchable member directory
And lots, lots more!
Seriously, I’m so impressed with AccessAlly. I have taken numerous courses over the years and even as a student, this is my favorite.
If you have WordPress (which I recommend), you can use AccessAlly, no matter what theme you have although there are some that work more seamlessly than others. It’s easy to use and integrate, and you don’t have to be a tech genius to figure it out.
This is the plugin I recommend to all my clients who want to create a course. I love the functionality, the integration, and the ease of use for both student and instructor.
AccessAlly is so powerful, so if you’re interested in creating your own online course, I can’t recommend it enough! Check out AccessAlly here!
*This article contains an affiliate link, which means if you click the link and purchase the product, I may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. I promise I will only recommend products I trust and have used myself. See my disclosure for more information.